University of Bedfordshire will be providing  guaranteed  financial assistance to all EU undergraduate students to complete their studies with the University. The University will also provide airport (Luton only) and train station pick up for new students. Register your interest now via our Contact Form


At Partnerships for Change we work tirelessly to make your research for universities and courses, your application process and finding your way around your new home from home the easiest it can be. We offer a free and unique ‘one-stop-uni-shop’ Higher Education advice and guidance service designed around you.

Who are Partnerships for Change?

We are an international adviser for students who want to study at a UK university to open up their opportunities for careers abroad and at home. We draw on over 20 years’ experience in the field of UK Higher Education and student recruitment, so we put your needs and aspirations at the forefront when advising you and your family. What’s truly unique is that we have an office in Luton, Bedfordshire, in the UK and regional representatives in your country, so we’re always within your reach.


How can you help me?

We know better than anyone that moving away from home can be a daunting process, so we’ve made it our mission to help you from start to finish. In essence, we deal with the practicalities to make your transition as smooth and simple as possible. Our complete service includes: advice on choosing the right course, filling out all required applications, pre-departure briefings and full support on arrival.


What programmes can i study?

You can choose from over 250 courses across undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, in subjects including: Accounting & Finance; Art & Design; Biological & Biomedical Studies; Business, Management & HRM; Computer Science & Technology; Creative & Performing Arts; English Language & Linguistics; Law; Marketing, Tourism & Hospitality; Media; Psychology; Social Sciences; and Physical Education, Sport & Exercise Science.


Can I study degree programmes in Nursing, Social Work or Teaching?

Unfortunately, these programmes are not currently available for students from outside the UK. But don’t worry, there’s a variety of related programmes which will enable you to enter an allied field.


Do I need a Master’s qualification or will my Undergraduate degree be enough to help me find a job in the field I graduated from?

A degree at the University of Bedfordshire will give you the qualification, the knowledge and the practical skills to help you secure the graduate career of your choice. Each degree is the stepping stone for a range of careers in the subject or related fields. Check out each individual course you are interested in and the careers it leads to before making your final choice. At Partnerships for Change we will help you identify the course which is right for you and your career plans, so that you are on the right track from day one.

What is a typical academic year's structure?

You will typically study about 16 hours per week, over two semesters per year, starting in October and February. You will have a three-week Christmas break and return to the University the second week of January for exams and assessments. You will also have a reading week during this period, which means that you have access to all the University’s study facilities so that you can prepare for your exams/assessments. Semester two begins mid-February and runs until May/June, followed by another set of exams and assessments. After finishing your exams you will have your three-month long Summer break where you can choose to work, travel or relax before starting your second year in October. The second and third years (or fourth year if you choose to study a sandwich degree) will follow the same structure.

If I studied for 1-2 years in my home country, how could I move to a University in UK and continue my studies?

If you have already started your undergraduate studies in your home country, we will need to do a qualification match on your current level and module you have completed. You may be eligible for University credits, which means that you will have exemptions from certain modules.

What official documents do I need to bring with me on arrival to enrol at the University?

To start your studies at the University, you will need to bring with you the following: your Passport or National ID card; the offer letter we send you; the original certificates stated on your application form.

Can I work during my studies?

Yes, all full-time students are entitled to work up to 20 hours per week during term time and 40 hours (full-time) during term breaks such as Christmas, Easter and Summer. The Careers Services within universities assist students with finding part-time work and volunteering opportunities in a variety of roles – some of which relevant to your studies.

What are the costs for the Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes?

The tuition fees for an Undergraduate study programme (Bachelor’s) at the University of Bedfordshire are £9,000 per year and are paid in full by the Student Loans Company on your behalf. You only start to pay this back once you are earning over £21,000 per year or the equivalent in a different currency. You must complete a Student Finance application alongside your course application. At Partnerships for Change we will help you with completing both applications successfully and without any hassle. The tuition fees for a Postgraduate study programme (Master’s) at the University of Bedfordshire are £4,500 for the duration of the course. The tuition fees for a Master’s programme are not covered by the Student Loans Company so you will have to cover the cost in full. We appreciate that students may not have all the funds upfront so the University offers the facility to pay in installments.

What if I want to do a Master's after my undergraduate degree? Can I change my specialism?

Yes, you can change the field you have been studying, as long as your degree is not completely different from the subject you wish to study at Master’s level. If you finish your degree with a First Class Honours (70% or above) the University of Bedfordshire offers you a Master’s programme for free.

Is there additional support I am eligible for as an EU student?

Yes, most universities offer scholarships and bursaries based on academic achievement, income and other such criteria. This is money which you receive to support your studies and you do not pay back. We can help you identify all the financial support you are eligible for and assist you in applying for it.

When and how should I pay back the UK Government and is there a benefit if I already have the money?

We know that some students and their families have worked hard to save up for their education. However, under the UK student finance scheme, you will be better off in the long run if you were to receive a student loan to cover your tuition fees. This is because you will only start paying back once you start earning over £21,000 per year – and you will only pay back 9% per month from any earnings over the £21,000. For example, if your salary is £25,000 per year, you pay 9% of £4,000 (£25,000-£21,000), which is £30 per month. Repayments will normally be deducted from your salary through the tax system.

What housing options do I have and how much will it cost per month?

Rent in Bedfordshire is relatively low cost compared to the renting costs in London. There are many accommodation options for students and we will support you in choosing and securing the right housing for your needs and budget. You will need to decide whether you prefer to live in University halls or choose to rent a property privately. Typically, university halls are between £100-£150 including bills depending on your chosen room facilities, while privately rented houses can range from £70-£80 per week excluding bills.

How far is Luton from Central London and how much should I expect to pay for a plane ticket?

Luton Airport is currently the UK’s seventh largest airport, handling more than nine million passengers every year, and a hub for flights to and from cities in Europe. Luton town centre where the University is situated is only 5 kilometres away from the Airport and Central London only half an hour on the train. Plane tickets depend on your chosen airline and the country you are flying from/to, however most low cost airlines operate from Luton Airport, so you can rest assured that you will have access to some of the cheapest available flights. Some of the main airlines operating from Luton Airport include: Wizzair, EasyJet and RyanAir.

Don’t forget, at Partnerships for Change we know that it takes a little while to get used to your new surroundings, so we offer airport pick-ups at a nominal cost. The pick-up must be pre-booked so that we can ensure that your arrival runs smoothly. Alternatively, if you prefer to make your own way, a taxi from the Airport to the town centre is just over £10, depending on where you want to be dropped off.

Do I need medical insurance?

No you don’t, as during your induction process you will automatically be registered with the University’s student medical centre. This is free for all students.

What is Luton like?

Luton is one of the UK’s largest and most diverse towns. More than 140 different nationalities make up this vibrant, multicultural society. 140,000 people come to Luton for the annual International Carnival. However you enjoy spending your free time, Luton offers a wide variety of pubs, clubs and restaurants all in close proximity from where you’ll be staying. You can also benefit from the local market offering world foods alongside Eastern European delis for a taste from home. Luton is also conveniently located around 30 minutes by train from London, and on the direct line into London St Pancras International station (where you can jump on the Eurostar).

Is there a Students’ Union?

Yes, the Students’ Union provides support on all aspects of student life and organises a vast range of activities, social events and clubs to help you settle in to university life. It also provides welfare and educational support.

How can I find out more?

To find out more about us and submit a query, email us at: partnersforchangeltd@gmail.com or complete the Contact Form on our website.

This is a unique website which will require a more modern browser to work! Please upgrade today!